Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Q & A with Seven Klingsheim

Seven Klingsheim, 46 years old from Klepp in Norway. Seven is the owner and driver of the John Deere Component Super Stock Tractor called ,,You Never Know´´ and the Ford Light Super Stock called ,,Tonja Harding´´.



pullingworld.com: What are you doing in your normal life?
Seven Klingsheim: In my normal daily life I live with my beloved wife Liv in Klepp outside Stavanger in Norway.  When Liv doesn’t keep me busy with different chores, or keeps me fit with walking trips, I spend most of my time in the workshop which I am lucky to have next to my house. Workwise I run my own business. I have an excavator and dig cable trenches for an energy company.

pullingworld.com: What do you like to do in your free time, except Tractor Pulling?
Seven Klingsheim: Like I said, I spend a lot of time in my garage/workshop. I also spend time there with friends, socializing and watching Pulling on TV. I also like to throw a party occasionally and have a few beers. 

pullingworld.com: What do you like on Tractor Pulling?
Seven Klingsheim: This “lifestyle” really takes up a lot of my time, so I really like that Liv and the kids travels with me to the different Pulling competitions. We do this together as a Family and we are a good Team. It is also great to socialize, get new friends and it is good to be a part of the Pulling environment.

pullingworld.com: What was your first Tractor Pulling event?
Seven Klingsheim: At my first pulling event it was a German Team that travelled around and had a show/demonstration. I think this was in 1986.

pullingworld.com: What is your favourite Event / Pulling track? 
Seven Klingsheim: My favourite Pulling track is in Herning / Brande. It almost feels like home with all the Norwegian spectators cheering me on.

pullingworld.com: When and where do you have driven a Pulling Tractor for the first time?
Seven Klingsheim: The first time I drove a Pulling Tractor was in 1991 here at home in Bryne. I drove a Fordson Major 6 cylinder. 

pullingworld.com: What was your biggest success?
Seven Klingsheim: My biggest success(es) so far is in Herning 2011. This was the first year we drove Super Stock on methanol – and I won. And in 2016 when we became number 3 in Euro Cup. 

pullingworld.com: Which Pulling classes do you like too?
Seven Klingsheim: Pro Stock has always been my favourite class. But I also like the Mini Modified and 2.5t Light Mod class, because there are other Norwegian competitors which are successful in these classes.

pullingworld.com: What was your biggest disappointment? 
Seven Klingsheim: It was a big disappointment for me in Lidkøping, Sweden in 2014.The Tractor wobbled and lost its grip on the track. We got too high RPM with a blown engine and a destroyed frame as a result.

pullingworld.com: Which things must be change in the future of the Tractor Pulling sport?
Seven Klingsheim: It would be a nice change to have several more Euro Cup competitions in the Netherlands, or if not there at least closer to Norway. We travel a lot.

pullingworld.com: What's your plans for the future in Tractor Pulling?
Seven Klingsheim: My plan for the future is to compete in all Euro Cup competitions, and hopefully get good results.

pullingworld.com: What was for you the most important moment in the sport?  
Seven Klingsheim: It was a very important moment in my Pulling career when I got a good Sponsor and was able to buy my Tractor from Willem Veldhuizen.

pullingworld.com: What was your favourite Pulling Tractor project in the workshop during a winter?
Seven Klingsheim: I have spent many hours in my workshop rebuilding my Pro Stock Tractor “TONJA HARDING” into a Light Super Stock.

pullingworld.com: Something you want to say?
Seven Klingsheim: I would like to say that I look forward to starting up the 2017 season, and to meet all our pulling-friends again. Our “Super Stock -Family” is fantastic! I also would like to add that I wish that it some day – in the near future - can be possible to have a Euro Cup event in Norway again.

pullingworld.com: Thank you for your time and good luck!

No comments: