Monday, January 09, 2017

Q & A with Ville-Matti Vuollet

Ville-Matti Vuollet, 36 years old from Kalajoki in Finland. Ville-Matti is a crew member of the Herlevi Pulling Team and he´s also driving the Pro Stock Tractor called ,,Doris / Peach Tea´´ of the Team.

pullingworld.com: What are you doing in your normal life?
Ville-Matti Vuollet: I am a farmer and contractor. We do different kind of Tractor work, green grass harvesting, slurry spreading and seeding to farmers here in western Finland. We have also three timber trucks what we contract to Finnish timber and paper company Metsä-Group. If you want to check out go to www.kalajoenneliveto.fi or www.facebook.com/KalajoenNeliveto

pullingworld.com: What do you like to do in your free time, except Tractor Pulling?
Ville-Matti Vuollet: On summertime there are so few extra time but when I have, then I go to fishing or hiking in Lapland. And on wintertimes I like to go to snowboarding and enjoying nature with snow shoes. I have a cabin in Ylläs, Lapland and that’s where I go everytime I have a chance.

pullingworld.com: What do you like on Tractor Pulling?
Ville-Matti Vuollet: I think it was the power in the beginning and all the small details that takes you to Full Pull. Afterwards have come all the good friends that takes the sport more like a Family.

pullingworld.com: What was your first Tractor Pulling event?
Ville-Matti Vuollet: As competitor it was my bachelor party surprise in 2011 when I drove Doris for the first time. That was more than a dream-come-true. Still gets me smiling when I think about it. The all time first event was in 1990 when my dad took us to local event. Since then Pekka Herlevi has been my idol :-).

pullingworld.com: What is your favourite Event / Pulling track?
Ville-Matti Vuollet: Of course Made Powerweekend (NL) is something special. It is an event what every pulling fan should see. But still my first victory in Lidköping brings so good memories that I say it is Lidköping (S). Great audience, good track and event where you feel home. 

pullingworld.com: When and where do you have driven a Pulling Tractor for the first time?
Ville-Matti Vuollet: Like I told in question 4. that it was my bachelor party surprise in 2011 when I drove Doris in Alahärmä, Finland. And of course I won :-).

pullingworld.com: What was your biggest success?
Ville-Matti Vuollet: I think it was my victory in Euro Cup event in Lidköping (S). Tough competition and I was able to make a perfect Pull in Pull Off. I can say that there were a lot of joy and tears after that :-).

pullingworld.com: Which Pulling classes do you like too?
Ville-Matti Vuollet: I like Super Stocks and these new 4,5t Super Sport level 3 classes. There are great machines and tough competition in every race.

pullingworld.com: What was your biggest disappointment?
Ville-Matti Vuollet: Easy to say, that was the EC 2016 in Great Eccleston (GB).  

pullingworld.com: Which things must be change in the future of the Tractor Pulling sport?
Ville-Matti Vuollet: There are a lot bad spirit and politics that takes away the fun of the sport. Still there are a lot of great people and friends so I hope it will win.

pullingworld.com: What's your plans for the future in Tractor Pulling?
Ville-Matti Vuollet: We will see ;).

pullingworld.com: What was for you the most important moment in the sport?
Ville-Matti Vuollet: Definitely it was my Bachelor party surprise when after long day and all jokes I had collect keys and there was big box with locks in front of Doris. After opening all the locks I opened the box and there were firesuit and helmet. I have to say I went speechless and had tears in my eyes for minutes when Pekka said that it is true. You will drive Doris today.
 

pullingworld.com: What was your favourite Pulling Tractor project in the workshop during a winter?
Ville-Matti Vuollet: When Matti and Pekka build these current Tractors with new looks. We do also field test to Valtra and there were a lot of work with the desing of new models and I think Matti and Pekka were able to put it perfectly to these tractors. Ofcourse these projects with big turbos have been interesting. A lot of work and special knowhow of Herlevi Family made it true.

pullingworld.com: Something you want to say? 
Ville-Matti Vuollet: Always believe in your dreams.  

pullingworld.com: Thank you for your time and good luck! 

 

No comments: