Sunday, January 22, 2017

Q & A with Wim Dingerink

Wim Dingerink, 36 years old from Zwolle in the Netherlands. He´s the son of Lambada Pulling Team owner Willem Dingerink and the younger brother of Mini Rod and Modified driver Gert Dingerink.  Wim is the driver of the Pulling Tractors  called ,,Gencom Lambada 8´´, ,,Hella Lambada 9´´ and ,,Intertechno Lambada´´.

pullingworld.com: What are you doing in your normal life?
Wim Dingerink: Firefighter in Zwolle.

pullingworld.com: What do you like to do in your free time, except Tractor Pulling?
Wim Dingerink: I have no free time with all these Lambada’s ;-). But the small time I have, I like to spend it with my lovely Family and watching Formula 1.

pullingworld.com: What do you like on Tractor Pulling?
Wim Dingerink: I like to build my own Tractor and make a good combination to bring all the horsepower on the track and win pulls with that.
  
pullingworld.com: What was your first Tractor Pulling event?
Wim Dingerink: My first event I visit was in 1990, Wierden (NL). That was the first event that my father started with Tractor Pulling on his Mini Rod. 

pullingworld.com: What is your favourite Event / Pulling track?
Wim Dingerink: In Europe is that Made (NL). In America is that Bowling Green (USA).

pullingworld.com: When and where do you have driven a Pulling Tractor for the first time?
Wim Dingerink: I drove the first time in 1996, Cadzand (NL) in the Mini-Unlimited class. 

pullingworld.com: What was your biggest success?
Wim Dingerink: My biggest success was the win in Bowling Green (USA) 2010. The first European who won over there.

pullingworld.com: Which Pulling classes do you like too?
Wim Dingerink: I Like the Mini Unlimiteds, Unlimiteds and Modifieds.

pullingworld.com: What was your biggest disappointment? 
Wim Dingerink: I have more than one, I don’t like to loose.
It is difficult to choose. But maybe these 3 are my biggest. 

Nr. 1: Zele (B) 2012, were I missed the Euro Cup title in the Mini-Unlimiteds class.
Nr. 2: Alphen (NL) 2015, I missed the Dutch Championship title in the Mini-Unlimiteds class.
Nr. 3: Bowling Green (USA), Friday evening 2010. For all the fans over there and all the Dutch fans who were there, we made a mistake in our Team and started on the wrong spot on the track. 
 


pullingworld.com: Which things must be change in the future of the Tractor Pulling sport?
Wim Dingerink: I think that we have to watch out that we will get to much rules about limits, but let it be the weight limit. Look at the Mini Unlimiteds, no engine limits, but just the weight.
In 2017, we have 16 competitors alone from the Netherlands. Keep the events open for the audience to all the Teams. We will see, at how much events the Teams will be separate from the audience who are visiting the events. Without all the spectators there
would be no Tractor Pulling. 
 
pullingworld.com: What's your plans for the future in Tractor Pulling?
Wim Dingerink: My plans are the same as always. Try to be always do one step more than another Teams and go for more Championships. What I think now is that can only with the complete Team what we have now. So I hope Willem can drive for some more years.

pullingworld.com: What was for you the most important moment in the sport? 
Wim Dingerink: That we starting in 2000/2001 with the big Lambada. A braekthrough for us as Team to our Sponsors. From that moment on Bertus Boer from Inter-techno was our biggest Sponsor. Also to the big audience we getting a famous name.  

pullingworld.com: What was your favourite Pulling Tractor project in the workshop during a winter?
Wim Dingerink: Also hard to say, I like to building something new, change small things and the driving with the Tractor for first time is always exciting. That can be a Mini or a big Mod, both is exciting.

pullingworld.com: Something you want to say?
Wim Dingerink: I spend in the summer so much time in the Lambada workshop. that’s not possible without a girlfriend as Jantine. I will give here a big thank for that. She is a big part in our success from the last years. Of course all the sponsors and our team that help us to hold the Lambada’s on the track.

pullingworld.com: Thank you for your time and good luck!
 
 

No comments: