Friday, February 24, 2017

Q & A with Renate van Riet

Renate van Riet, 24 years old from Made in the Netherlands. She´s the driver of the New Holland Component Pro Stock Tractor called ,,Blue Hazard´´. Renate is the daughter of Jack van Riet, the owner and former full time driver of the Pro Stock Tractor ,,Blue Hazard´´.

pullingworld.com: What are you doing in your normal life?
Renate van Riet: I’m working as a dietitian with elderly people, mostly during their revalidation process. Next to that, last year I started my own private practice as a dietitian in my hometown.

pullingworld.com: What do you like to do in your free time, except Tractor Pulling?
Renate van Riet: I like to sport (soccer, running, spinning), see my Friends and Family and off course, work. But the free time is really rare as every Tractor Puller knows!

pullingworld.com: What do you like on Tractor Pulling? 
Renate van Riet: Being with my Family and Friends and work together on the best possible result. I also love the tension, nervousness and sociability on every event. 

pullingworld.com: What was your first Tractor Pulling event? 
Renate van Riet: I don’t remember. My dad started building since I wasn’t even born. When he started to pull I was 2 years old. My Dad just told me that my first event was the event in Rucphen ’94 (NL) and off course also the first Pull of our Team. The name was Renegade. Named after me).

pullingworld.com: What is your favourite Event / Pulling track?
Renate van Riet: Made’s Powerweekend (NL)! Off course. My hometown!

pullingworld.com: When and where do you have driven a Pulling Tractor for the first time?
Renate van Riet: Tractor Pulling Erichem 2011.

pullingworld.com: What was your biggest success?
Renate van Riet: 3rd place Grand-National Stroe (NL) 2014.

pullingworld.com: Which Pulling classes do you like too?
Renate van Riet: Super Stock and Light Modified.

pullingworld.com: What was your biggest disappointment? 
Renate van Riet: Crossing the white line is the worst thing ever. Also the small mechanic problems are really disappointing.

pullingworld.com: Which things must be change in the future of the Tractor Pulling sport?
Renate van Riet: I think the most important thing is that people should remember that we make this sport beautiful together! We need everyone and that shouldn’t be forgotten. 

pullingworld.com: What's your plans for the future in Tractor Pulling? 
Renate van Riet: I hope we can maintain the position we have in the Grand-National competition. Sometimes we can scare the guys in the top 3 and at the end we love the middle position in the competition.

pullingworld.com: What was for you the most important moment in the sport? 

Renate van Riet: My most important moment was the moment when I figured out it was my time to drive the Tractor. I was working on the Tractor together with my Dad, when he started to tell my how the gears are working. I asked him why he was telling me and then he told me that it was my time to Pull. I ran inside our house and asked my Mom and she told me that my Dad was telling the truth. My dream came true!

pullingworld.com: What was your favourite Pulling Tractor project in the workshop during a winter?    
Renate van Riet: Working on our new Truck. We bought an Volvo FH12, 18.75 m long. The first part is only living and the back part is only for the Tractor. We are working on it now and we are really proud on this! 

pullingworld.com: Thank you for your time and good luck! 

No comments: