Friday, March 31, 2017

Q & A with Serge Jacoby

Serge Jacoby from Luxembourg. He's the driver and owner of the 18 cylinder Curtiss Wright powered 2.5t / 5500lbs. Light Modified Tractor called ,,Roude Leiw Junior".

pullingworld.com: What are you doing in your normal life?
Serge Jacoby: In my normal life I am a mechanical engineer and instructor for Aircraft mechanics.

pullingworld.com: What do you like to do in your free time, except Tractor Pulling?
Serge Jacoby: I love it to ride my dirtbike. I am practicing Motocross for more than 30 years now.

pullingworld.com: What do you like on Tractor Pulling?
Serge Jacoby: Tractor Pulling is a life style for me. I like to travel different countries with my Team and meet friends. I love it to relax in my workshop finding solutions and making my own parts.

pullingworld.com: What was your first Tractor Pulling event?
Serge Jacoby: My first Tractor Pulling event was at once the first Tractor Pulling event in Luxembourg back in 1985. And yes, it was not Bettborn but the first Pulling event ever in Luxembourg was held in my hometown Vichten. We had even build the first sled of Luxembourg for this event. Besides the two first Modified Tractors of Luxembourg, Crazy Horse and Yellow Devil, well known dutch tractors like Grasshopper, Deer Hunter, Blue Angel and Angel Dust were invited and they showed some amazing pulls.


pullingworld.com: What is your favourite Event / Pulling track?
Serge Jacoby: There are a lot of very good events that I like, but my favourite Pulling track is Hassmoor.

pullingworld.com: When and where do you have driven a Pulling Tractor for the first time?
Serge Jacoby: Jim was the driver of our first V8 diesel powered Modified Tractor named Crazy Horse back in 1985. Since then I was the driver. I guess I drove the Roude Léiw for the first time in Reimberg (LUX).

pullingworld.com: What was your biggest success?
Serge Jacoby: Our biggest success was winning the german DTTO Championship in the Light Modified back in 2009 and 2010, but also making some podiums on Euro Cup events were very big moments for us.

pullingworld.com: Which Pulling classes do you like too?
Serge Jacoby: I like watching the Super Stocks.

pullingworld.com: What was your biggest disappointment?
Serge Jacoby: My biggest disappointment was at the EC 2016 in Great Eccleston (GB) where we got some unexpected engine problems.

pullingworld.com: Which things must be change in the future of the Tractor Pulling sport?
Serge Jacoby: I hope that ETPC and the member countries will wake up and finally see the importance of keeping alive the engine variation in our Modified classes. Tractor Pulling in Europe has grown through the years with the Aircraft engine generation and engine variation in general. I have the feeling that the new limits are used to make some engines more legal, no matter what happens. Thats not the way it should be.

pullingworld.com: What's your plans for the future in Tractor Pulling?
Serge Jacoby: My plans for the future? Well of course I have plans to get more horsepower out of the Curtiss Wright engine. But unfortunately I have to sit down and wait for the new limits. I really hope that we can keep the same weight compensation as before. If not, we will be forced to cancel our plans to close the gap to the big V8's.

pullingworld.com: What was for you the most important moment in the sport?
Serge Jacoby: The most important moment in our sport was getting some big help out of the Pulling Family some years ago. That's what Tractor Pulling is all about.

pullingworld.com: What was your favourite Pulling Tractor project in the workshop during a winter? 
Serge Jacoby: It feels to me like every winterproject is my favourite one.

pullingworld.com: Something you want to say? 
Serge Jacoby: Never give up!

pullingworld.com: Thank you for your time and good luck this year !

No comments: