Friday, April 28, 2017

Q & A with Bart van der Sluis

Bart van der Sluis, 23 years old from Ijsselmuiden in the Netherlands. Bart is the nephew of Bertus and Helma Boer, Crew member of the Screamin Bobcat Pulling Team and the driver of the Mod Tractors called ,,Double Screamin´, Wicked Screamer and Bobcat Jr.. He´s also won the 2016 Euro Cup title in the Light Mod class with Double Screamin´.

pullingworld.com: What are you doing in your normal life?
Bart van der Sluis: I work as a Project manager at a big machine shop / sheet metal company called Breman Machinery that produces large constructions for mostly on/offshore company’s and besides that a lot of other customers.

pullingworld.com: What do you like to do in your free time, except Tractor Pulling?
Bart van der Sluis: Besides pulling most of the days I’m at the shop busy with maintenance and building new stuff like the Minis we built now. If I have time left I’ll go out with friends during the weekends.

pullingworld.com: What do you like about Tractor Pulling?
Bart van der Sluis: I like the technical part of Pulling. With our Team we always want to improve our Tractors to make sure we are one step in front of the others. Besides that I love our Pulling Family. It’s always fun to be at the pulls and through the years I met a lot of people in Europe and the USA.   

pullingworld.com: What was your first Tractor Pulling event?

Bart van der Sluis: I can’t remember exactly what year it was but I guess it was like 2001 or something. I do remember the Pull it was Lochem (NL). I will never forget it because I had an accident as a young boy on the bouncy castle.

pullingworld.com: What is your favourite Event / Pulling track?
Bart van der Sluis: There are a lot of great pulls. Pulls like Made (NL), Bernay (F) and Bowling Green (USA) are great because of the big crowd. My favorite Pulling track is difficult because most of the years it changes. There are a few Pulls that have a good track most of the years my favorite is Lochem (NL). 

pullingworld.com: When and where do you have driven a Pulling Tractor for the first time?
Bart van der Sluis: That was 2012 Bernay (F), back when we had the 2 Wheel Drive. 

pullingworld.com: What was your biggest success?
Bart van der Sluis: We had a lot of successes with our team and every one counts. But my own was last year when I drove the complete Euro Cup competition with the Double Screamin and became Champion. Also when I drove the Mini for the first time and won was a great experience.

pullingworld.com: Which Pulling classes do you like too?
Bart van der Sluis: I like to watch the Super Stock class. It’s a really competitive class with a lot of action.

pullingworld.com: What was your biggest disappointment?  
Bart van der Sluis: Hard to say. I'm Not that quickly disappointed. There have bin a few times that we had some bad luck with our Team like we had last year in Bowling Green (USA) at Super Sunday with the Mini. 

pullingworld.com: Which things must be changed in the future of the Tractor Pulling sport?

Bart van der Sluis: There are always points to improve and make the sport better. I think we have to promote our sport more in Europe so that people will keep coming to the pulls and keep the sport alive.

pullingworld.com: What are your plans for the future in Tractor Pulling?
Bart van der Sluis: I hope we can have a lot of fun the next years with everybody. Also it would be nice that we can further expand our trophy cabinet with some unique prizes we have as a goal.  

pullingworld.com: What was for you the most important moment in the sport?
Bart van der Sluis: Easy to say. Started to go to pulling as a young boy and got the opportunity to get involved. Pulling is a big thing in my life so beginning with it was the most important thing.

pullingworld.com: What was your favourite Pulling Tractor project in the workshop during a winter? 
Bart van der Sluis: We never really get bored during the winter. Most of the times during the summer we already make plans. Like last winter was a great one when we designed our own crane to change motors at the pulls next to our truck and all the minis we built for Europe and the USA. 

pullingworld.com: Something you want to say?
Bart van der Sluis: It’s nice to see all different opinions by interviewing all people.You can see that everybody thinks their own way. It is interesting to read and I hope pullingworld keeps continuing to do that.

pullingworld.com: Thank you for your time and good luck this year !

No comments: