pullingworld.com: What are you doing in your normal life?
Bill Leischner: I am a grain farmer in east central Illinois. 1800 acres of corn and soybeans.pullingworld.com: What do you like to do in your free time, except Tractor Pulling?
Bill Leischner: For my free time other then tractor pulling I spend time with my family and my fiancé. I also spend time on my computer and working around the farm. Tractor pulling and farming take up most of my time.
pullingworld.com: What do you like about Tractor Pulling?
pullingworld.com: What was your first Tractor Pulling event?
Bill Leischner: I started pulling a farm tractor at the local pull as a teenager. Rex King let me drive his upside down F30 with 2 Chevy engines back about 1980.
pullingworld.com: What is your favourite Event / Pulling track?
Bill Leischner: My favorite PPL pull is Hillsboro, Wisconsin. My favorite NTPA pull is Tomah, Wisconsin. The Farm Machinery Show pull in Louisville, Kentucky rates right up there. pullingworld.com: When and where do you have driven a Pulling Tractor for the first time?
Bill Leischner: My first time driving was Rex’s F30 at Farmer City Illinois.
pullingworld.com: What was your biggest success?
Bill Leischner: I won numerous Illinois Tractor Pulling Championships in the 80’s and 90’s. My first National Champioship was the USHRA 7200 mod 1987. pullingworld.com: Which Pulling classes do you like too?
Bill Leischner: I like to compete in the Modified, Unlimited and Mini Rod class.
pullingworld.com: What was your biggest disappointment?
Bill Leischner: My biggest disappointment was the new Dirtslinger tractor wheel breaking off on the first pass at NFMS 2014. pullingworld.com: Which things must be changed in the future of the Tractor Pulling sport?
Bill Leischner: I think the different sanctioning bodies need to learn to coexist better.
pullingworld.com: What are your plans for the future in Tractor Pulling?Bill Leischner: My plans are for my family to take over Dirtslinger Pulling Team.
pullingworld.com: What was for you the most important moment in the sport?
Bill Leischner: I think tractor and Truck Pulling being on national TV is very important and beneficial for our sport of Truck and Tractor Pulling.
pullingworld.com: What was your favourite Pulling Tractor project in the workshop during a winter?Bill Leischner: I think my most important project was building the 4 engine Dirtslinger in the year 2000. Rex King and I building the 1981 Dirtslinger and then buying the Walsh Irish Challnger in 1987 going to Arias engines was also a favorite winter project.
pullingworld.com: Something you want to say?
Bill Leischner: I think Tractor pulling is the best motorsport for family participation! 2nd to none. pullingworld.com: Thank you for your time and good luck for the future !


No comments:
Post a Comment