Claus Fey, 37 years old from Visby in Denmark. Claus is the driver and owner of the 4.5t / 9920 lbs John Deere component farm stock/super sport tractor called ''Krone Hulk 2''. He's also the 2019 Danish Champion in the 4.5t / 9920lbs farm stock/super sport division.
pullingworld.com: What are you doing in your normal life?
Claus Fey: In my normal life, I work for Brøns Group as a salesman and product manager for Krone agricultural machinery in Denmark.
Claus Fey: In my free time, I enjoy the time with my wife and our 3 boys. When you have had a summer like we have had in the year 2020, you will have to find other things to spend your time on, such as tractor pulling. We enjoy many good hours with good friends, our boat, and we live in the country so is always something to make time to go with.
pullingworld.com: What do you like about Tractor Pulling?
Claus Fey: That you can explore whether what you are thinking about in theory can be practiced or whether it is not possible. The many evenings in the workshop where you as a team have fun together both in bad times and good times, as well as the friendship with teams when we meet at events or participate in events outside Denmark.
Claus Fey: It's hard to remember, but I think it was in Visby (DK) with a John Deere 4240 that we had on the farm where I grew up. but this one was to be used in the field, it quickly became boring. So after a season with this one, we built a tractor with a Transmash engine, but the many challenges at the time with this type made it a single season. So in the winter of 2005/2006, we visited the local John Deere dealer and here we could buy a John Deere 3140 with which we participated in 3600kg super sport for 3 years before we bought a John Deere 4440 and moved in 4500kg super sport which we drove with until 2019 when we built the current one.
Claus Fey: Visby Tractor Pulling competition which is our home track, a great atmosphere and the place where all the locals come and follow us.
As a team, we look forward every year to Made's Powerweekend (NL), a fantastic weekend with lots of good tractor pulling and fun with friends and other teams.
As a team, we look forward every year to Made's Powerweekend (NL), a fantastic weekend with lots of good tractor pulling and fun with friends and other teams.
pullingworld.com: When and where do you have driven a Pulling Tractor for the first time?
Claus Fey: Unfortunately, I do not have such a good memory. But I mean it started in my hometown Visby (DK) where we are holding a tractor pulling event. I started here as a 16 year old with a John Deere 4240 which we had on the farm where I grew up.
Claus Fey: Our biggest success must be that during the summer of 2018 we decided that this should be the last year with our old tractor, so during the winter of 2018/2019 we built a new component tractor, and with the help of family and good friends, we succeeded to finish for European Superpull 2019 where we finished with a 1st place in the 4500kg super sport. It was a great success for our team.
pullingworld.com: Which Pulling classes do you like too?
Claus Fey: Pro / Super Stock classes are always something I would like to see when we are at conventions or it is shown online. But modified are also exciting classes to follow when we talk classes where there are different constructions, here I am thinking of engine types.
Claus Fey: We have not had the big accidents but of course, there have been reasons that have made it not possible to participate in the pull off. But what we have learned during our years in pulling is that the good parts reduce stops.
pullingworld.com: Which things must be changed in the future of the Tractor Pulling sport?
Claus Fey: Unfortunately, I thought that in recent years some chancing have been taken regarding rules which means that pulling does not have such a wide selection of motors anymore.
And then I think there is still a fight to be made for diesel to have a future in the sport.
And then I think there is still a fight to be made for diesel to have a future in the sport.
Claus Fey: It's hard to say at the time, It depends on what the future brings, but maybe build a new tractor for another class, who knows.
pullingworld.com: What was for you the most important moment in the sport?
Claus Fey: The year 2019, where we started by winning the European Superpull in Ahoy, Rotterdam (NL), we became Danish Champion, Overall second place in the ETPC Euro Challenge, and last but not least a third place at the European Championships 2019 in Brande (DK).
Claus Fey: We changed a lot of things for the 2020 season but due to Corona, it was not tested. But I wonder if we will find something to change :-).
pullingworld.com: Something you want to say?
Claus Fey: I hope that everyone arrives safely and securely on the other side of the Corona and that we can meet again soon on the various tracks around Europe. And a BIG thanks to Ulrik, family and friends for supporting this project.
No comments:
Post a Comment