pullingworld.com: What are you doing in your normal life?
Andre Scharre: I'm working at Mercedes Benz as an AMG accessory salesman and in the little spare time I have also at a contracting company.
pullingworld.com: What do you like to do in your free time, except Tractor Pulling?
Andre Scharre: I don´t really have much free time but when, then I like to drive fast cars or with the 4-wheeler in the terrain or simply just be at home with my wife and relax.
pullingworld.com: What do you like about Tractor Pulling?
Andre Scharre: Just everything! It starts with planning, building, implementing your own ideas and everything that belongs to it. And then stop this pure power and acceleration is really the madness, the heart keeps beating faster when the tractor tightens the chain.
In addition, the whole engine variety that we have. And you getaround in the world and you get to know a lot of interesting people.
pullingworld.com: What was your first Tractor Pulling event?
Andre Scharre: My father took me to Sottrum (D) in 1989, we just wanted to look at it.
pullingworld.com: What is your favourite Event / Pulling track?
Andre Scharre: Of course Edewecht (D) !
Andre Scharre: When I do not know exactly. It must have been around 2004. Previously, there were many teaching hours at local brush pull events. But I'll never forget it was IWAN in the 5.4 ton class. When it arrives at the Full Pull, I had to briefly recover first.
pullingworld.com: What was your biggest success?
Andre Scharre: Each of our 6 Sledges we have built so far has been the greatest success!
pullingworld.com: Which Pulling classes do you like too?
Andre Scharre: The Super Stocks and Pro Stocks quite clearly. Is probably the fact that I am also still driving tractors or chopper in my spare time.
pullingworld.com: What was your biggest disappointment?
pullingworld.com: Which things must be changed in the future of the Tractor Pulling sport?
Andre Scharre: I think we do not need so many classes just in the Modified class. There be enough with two top modified classes with reasonable limits. And maybe a low budget class. People want to be entertained, short crisp shows about 5-6 hours with 4-6 classes and then they go home enthusiastically. So we noticed it at least in Edewecht (D).
And the limits and / or classes you should really think about, the development especially in the 4.5 or 4.2 tons class gives me something to think about for the future. No Popeye, Kypmantsje, Green Spirit, Kiepenkerl and so many more we don't see on the track anymore. I think it is not the right way, just to look at the great US model. On this end, large sponsors are missing here in Europe and clearly the important strong backing of the media!
pullingworld.com: What are your plans for the future in Tractor Pulling?
Andre Scharre: I will continue a few more years actively and with full employment in our Sledge team. And always lookout for the right young people. One day, I would like to sit there, old and gray, among the spectators and just to watch, enjoy and even to say to the guys, well done !
pullingworld.com: What was for you the most important moment in the sport?
Andre Scharre: As a small boy, you can experience what Tractor Pulling is. This moment I will never forget even though I am still active with it. Tractor Pulling belongs to my life from the beginning, there is almost nothing more important and that is also good.
pullingworld.com: What was your favourite Pulling Tractor project in the workshop during a winter?
Pullingworld.com: Everything is possible?
Who knows exactly ... when the heads have smoked enough and the winter is enough .... Maybe this will reveal in 2018.
pullingworld.com: Something you want to say?
Andre Scharre: Absolutely! I thank my father that he went with me to the Tractor Pulling. Without him I would not be where I am today. My wife is there 100% to me, fully supports me and has become a part of our team. And thank you to my team for everything!
I wish that the Tractor Pulling actives all will be a great family again. We all make a hobby bring fun and forget the everyday stress. Not always see everything so closely. ;-)
pullingworld.com: Thank you for your time and good luck for the future !
No comments:
Post a Comment