Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Q & A with Patrick Hansen

Patrick Hansen, 24 years old from Skjern in Denmark. Patrick is the son of the former Mini Modified driver Torben Hansen and driver of the new twin Rover Meteor V12 powered Light Mod Tractor called ,,Gators´´. He´s also developing and building Pulling parts for other Teams in Denmark.

pullingworld.com: What are you doing in your normal life?
Patrick Hansen: I live in Skjern, Denmark. I am an engineer in Automatic control.  Right now I am taking the next step and studying to become a Bachelor of Technology Management and Marine Engineering, I only have one year left. 

pullingworld.com: What do you like to do in your free time, except Tractor Pulling?
Patrick Hansen: Some things I do other than Tractor Pulling hmm.... I am going to the gym a couple of times every week, you need to do it when you are driving with two 27 liters V12 engines in the Light Modified class ;).
I'm also skiing a couple of times every year with some friends. 

pullingworld.com: What do you like about Tractor Pulling?
Patrick Hansen: First of all I like the friendship we have in Tractor Pulling, then I like to set Tractors up for the different tracks, some people think it's easy, but you can not run with the same setup on every track.
I love to hear about the different way we all think in Tractor Pulling and all the different engines we are running. I learn or hear new things and ideas every time we are attending Tractor Pulling events. I love to sit and design new ideas in solidworks with the Team and try them on the engine or the chassis.
Besides that I like to spend time in the workshop with my Gators friends. 
I could not do it without them, they all fight to get back on the track after or big cash in Made, Holland.

pullingworld.com: What was your first Tractor Pulling event?
Patrick Hansen: I can not remember. My dad drove Tractor Pulling that time in the Mini Rod class, so I was in a stroller for the first event. 
  
pullingworld.com: What is your favourite Event / Pulling track?
Patrick Hansen: There are a lot of good events. Bowling Green (USA), Tomah (USA), Made (NL), Brande (DK), They are some good events with many spectators. But the spectators in Bernay (F) are special and always good for some noise, I like when you can hear the spectators loves what we are spending time on. 

pullingworld.com: When and where do you have driven a Pulling Tractor for the first time?
Patrick Hansen: The first time was in Hassmoor (D) in mid 90´s, on the V8 Gators or maybe I was to young that time ;). I am proud to be the new driver for the Light Modified Tractor Gators in 2017, I have looked forward to that day in many years. 

pullingworld.com: What was your biggest success?
Patrick Hansen: Entire 2015, where I was in the States with Scott Tedder. That year we won the Bowling Green (USA) and the NTPA Grand National title in the Modified division. After I came home to Denmark, I joined the Fenrir Team again where we won the Danish and European Championships the same year.

pullingworld.com: Which Pulling classes do you like too?
Patrick Hansen: All classes where you can see there is a close and fair match, it does not matter if it is a Modified, Pro, Super or Farm Stock.

pullingworld.com: What was your biggest disappointment?
Patrick Hansen: It's easy Made (NL) where we destroyed everything

pullingworld.com: Which things must be change in the future of the Tractor Pulling sport?
Patrick Hansen: We must make sure that there always will be different engine setups and not just the same type of engines. Personally, i would like a weight system where you get more weight on your Tractor if you are out of top 3, for example Nr.4= 20kg, Nr.5= 40kg, Nr.6= 60 kg.  

pullingworld.com: What are your plans for the future in Tractor Pulling?
Patrick Hansen: I hope we can get the parts to stay inside our engine. It would also be nice get some trophies. 

 pullingworld.com: What was for you the most important moment in the sport?
Patrick Hansen: That’s easy, the most important moment was in 2012 where we started the Gators Pulling Team again. 

pullingworld.com: What was your favourite Pulling Tractor project in the workshop during a winter?  
Patrick Hansen: We have a lot of work for some our customers, that’s always important for us. But the two new engines we are building for our Tractor this winter is my favorite, always nice to design new things. 

pullingworld.com: Something you want to say?
Patrick Hansen: The building of the new Gators was not possible without all the people that is comes and helps in the workshop. And thanks to all the people who has followed us this year. it has not been the best season for us, but we got a lot of data to work with in the winter break.
 
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TeamGatorsTractorPulling/

pullingworld.com: Thank you for your time and good luck for the future ! 

No comments: