Friday, April 10, 2020

Q & A with Peter Mann

Peter Mann, 49 years old from Bendigo, Victoria in Australia. Peter is the owner and driver of the blown Chevy V8 powered multi modified tractor called ''Coyote''. He purchased his current modified tractor in Canada 2018 and competing since that in the Australian Championship with his new ride.

pullingworld.com: What are you doing in your normal life?
Peter Mann: I am currently a Property Developer/Renovator.

pullingworld.com: What do you like to do in your free time, except Tractor Pulling?
Peter Mann: I enjoy fishing in my free time, but mostly just traveling.

pullingworld.com: What do you like about Tractor Pulling?
Peter Mann: Everything about the sport. I have met many great life long friends through the sport, both locally here in Australia and internationally. 

pullingworld.com: What was your first Tractor Pulling event?
Peter Mann: The first tractor pulling event I attended was Quambatook (Australian Tractor Pull Championships) in 1977. Not that I remember much of it as I was only very young. 

pullingworld.com: What is your favorite Event / Pulling track?
Peter Mann: I don't have a favourite event, I just love being able to attend and put on a show at all tractor pulling events. I really love the Quambatook track, a local on the committee has been building a great horsepower track there for many years. 

pullingworld.com: When and where do you have driven a Pulling Tractor for the first time?
Peter Mann: My first ever drive competitively on the track was at Quambatook in 1987 driving a Steiger 1360 in the farm 4wd class. My first modified drive was in 1987 driving my families tractor called "Superman".

pullingworld.com: What was your biggest success?
Peter Mann: I view success in two ways, firstly winning multiple Australian Championships and secondly encouraging and helping others into the sport. There's nothing better than chatting to young fans that look up to the sport and may just compete in it one day in the future.

pullingworld.com: Which Pulling classes do you like too?
Peter Mann: I like watching all classes of tractor and truck pulling but I prefer the alcohol engines, there's nothing better than the rumble and smell of a blown engine burning alcohol. 

pullingworld.com: What was your biggest disappointment?
Peter Mann: My biggest disappointment was not being able to spent more time actually competing with my tractor "Coyote" in Canada. 


pullingworld.com: Which things must be changed in the future of the Tractor Pulling sport?
Peter Mann: Tractor pulling in Australia needs to be affordable for everyone, both pullers and crowds. A need to educate the general public about the sport so the general perception is just not of some old vintage farm tractor pulling something. 

pullingworld.com: What are your plans for the future in Tractor Pulling?
Peter Mann: Just to keep trying to put on a show and entertain the crowd. 

pullingworld.com: What was for you the most important moment in the sport?
Peter Mann: The day I had a fan wanting a selfie with me in front of my tractor. He was in a wheelchair and had a huge wealth of knowledge about the sport. 

pullingworld.com: What was your favorite Pulling Tractor project in the workshop during a winter?
Peter Mann: Not much of a favourite but rebuilding an engine for a 2wd pulling truck I have, getting it ready for next season. 

pullingworld.com: Something you want to say?  
Peter Mann: "Once you've tractor pulled, you will never forget it, it's something that will be in your blood forever''.

pullingworld.com: Thank you for your time and good luck for the furture! 
    

No comments: