Friday, April 24, 2020

Q & A with Todd Domann












Todd Domann from Louisburg, Kansas in the USA. He together owns with his brothers Chad, Travis and his dad Elvin the Agco DT225 component pro stock tractor called ''Hurricane Allis Synthetic Oils''. Todd was one of the drivers of the pro stock tractor and retired from the pulling sport at the end of last year.

pullingworld.com: What are you doing in your normal life?
Todd Domann: My bachelor’s degree is in Electrical Engineering from Kansas State University in Manhattan, Kansas.  I work for a company called POWER Engineers and work in the Generation Division where we design electrical generating power plants and perform electrical distribution upgrades for utilities.

pullingworld.com: What do you like to do in your free time, except Tractor Pulling?
Todd Domann: I have a couple of Allis Chalmers 720 garden tractors (1974 and 1981 model years) that I like to tinker with.  I plan to completely restore one of them.  I am also an AMSOIL synthetic lubricants dealer.

pullingworld.com: What do you like about Tractor Pulling?
Todd Domann: I love all of the people (competitors and fans) that we have met over the years that have formed good friendships. As far as the pulling itself, I love the rush I feel when driving Hurricane Allis.

pullingworld.com: What was your first Tractor Pulling event?
Todd Domann: My first pull would have been in one of the towns close to where I was raised at in Winchester, Kansas in 1973.

pullingworld.com: What is your favorite Event / Pulling track?
Todd Domann: It’s difficult to choose just one but Wheatland, Missouri on the Pro Pulling League Champions Tour was always fun to win at because of large crowd they attracted every year.  Hillsboro, Wisconsin and Freeport, Illinois also have great pulling tracks and puller accommodations.


pullingworld.com: When and where do you have driven a Pulling Tractor for the first time?
Todd Domann: I started tractor pulling at six years old on a Cub Cadet garden tractor.  The first time I drove our first pro stock tractor, the Kansas Hooker AC D21, was in Nebraska somewhere in 1989.  The first time I drove our component pro stock tractor, Hurricane Allis AGCO DT220a, was in Mound City, Kansas in late 2007.

pullingworld.com: What was your biggest success?
Todd Domann: We have had many wins over the years but winning the Pro Pulling League Champions Tour at Wheatland, Missouri three times are all very memorable. Being invited to compete at Putten, The Netherlands in summer of 2005 was a great honor for us.

pullingworld.com: Which Pulling classes do you like too?
Todd Domann: We have only competed with farm stock and pro stock tractors.


pullingworld.com: What was your biggest disappointment?
Todd Domann: Probably Louisville, Kentucky at the NFMS in 1995. We spent the better part of two years building our first big cubic inch motor (585 cu in).  We made our first pass with the new motor in the pro stock class at Louisville and put three holes in the block from improperly hardened connecting rods we later discovered.

pullingworld.com: Which things must be changed in the future of the Tractor Pulling sport?
Todd Domann: Limits need to be put in place to hopefully keep the costs of owning and operating a pulling vehicle reasonable.  Somehow purses need to increase to be more in-line with the investments required (tractor, hauler, travel, etc.) to compete.


pullingworld.com: What are your plans for the future in Tractor Pulling?
Todd Domann: I retired from the sport after last season (2019).
 
pullingworld.com: What was for you the most important moment in the sport?
Todd Domann: Allowing components in the pro stock class.

pullingworld.com: What was your favorite Pulling Tractor project in the workshop during a winter?
Todd Domann: We would typically freshen up the engine, update fuel and air, and/or build a new one depending on the circumstances.

pullingworld.com: Something you want to say?  
Todd Domann: Thank you for letting Domann Farms Pulling Team be a part of Pullingworld.com’s questionnaire. 

pullingworld.com: Thank you for your time and good luck for the furture!    

 

No comments: